How do I download my plug-in?
Visit Plug-in Downloads to download the latest plugin installers for PC or Mac.
Which plug-in formats (e.g. VST) are included?
All current SSL plug-in installers come with the following formats:
- VST [.vst]
- VST3 [.vst3]
- Audio Unit (macOS only) [.component]
- AAX (Pro Tools) [.aax]
How do I install my plug-ins? (macOS)
- Navigate to the plugin installer using your file browser.
- Double-click the installer disk image (.dmg) to mount it.
- Once macOS has mounted the disk image, a new window will open. Double-click the installer package (.pkg) to open it.
- Click 'Continue' and follow the on-screen instructions provided by the macOS Installer experience.
- Select which formats of the plug-in to install using the checkboxes in the installer. Please refer to your DAW/host's documentation to find out which your DAW supports.
- Once installation has completed, click the Close button to exit the installer.
How do I uninstall my plug-ins? (macOS)
To uninstall an SSL plug-in, simply navigate to the following directories:
and delete any SSL plug-ins that you wish to remove.
How do I install my plug-ins? (Windows)
- Once you've downloaded your plug-in, locate it in windows explorer and double-click to open.
- Click 'Next' and follow the on-screen instructions provided by the setup.
- If you wish, you can change the installation location. We recommend using the default location. Click 'Install' to continue
- nce installation has completed, click the Finish button to exit the installer.
How do I uninstall my plug-ins? (Windows 10/11)
Our plug-ins ship with uninstaller on Windows. To uninstall an SSL plug-in, follow the steps below:
- Open the 'Start Menu'.
- Click 'Settings'.
- Click 'Apps'.
- Select 'Apps & features' from the left-hand side menu.
- Select the SSL plug-in that you want to uninstall, from the list that appears.
- Click the uninstall button that shows under the SSL plug-in product.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall.