UC1 owners - for more information on the new features, download the User Guide from:
UF8 owners - for more information on the new features, download the User Guide from:
New in SSL 360° v1.3
- Mac OS Monterey M1 (via Rosetta) and Intel compatibility for SSL 360°, UC1 and UF8.
- Windows 11 and 12th Gen Intel compatibility for SSL 360°, UC1 and UF8.
- New CONTROL SETUP page separates the SSL 360° DAW setup onto a dedicated page.
- New Transport Bar for SSL 360°Plug-in Mixer (powered by HUI/MCU commands).
- Transport can be controlled directly from the Plug-in Mixer GUI.
- Transport can be controlled directly from UC1 hardware (Stop, Play, Timeline Navigation).
- UF8 Cursor Keys can be switched into Transport mode (on a per UF8 basis).
- UF8 ‘Plug-in Mixer‘ Layer improvements – cursor keys control Transport functionality, CHANNEL encoder can now be put into NAV mode, for DAW Timeline Navigation.
Fixed in SSL 360° v1.3
- Buggy communication between Pro Tools and UF8 on Monterey OS.
- Buggy communication between Cubase and UF8 on Monterey OS.
- One-way communication between Pro Tools and UF8 on Windows 11.
- UC1/Plug-in Mixer in Nuendo (and other VST3 DAWs) - Channel Strip 2 or Bus Compressor 2 loaded on the Main output channel type don't show up in SSL 360 Plug-in Mixer or on UC1.
- UF8 Studio One (Windows) - Plugin Page buttons do not work; they break channel selection and banking.
- UF8 Studio One (Windows) - Automation OFF button requires second press to turn off, switches to Read first.
- UF8 Ableton layer > I/O V-Pot encoder gearing too sensitive when scrolling I/O Send names.
- Plugin Mixer bus comp Attack, Release and Ratio knobs aren't in sync with the plugin, can bounce to different value on mouse release.
- Export Report on macOS causes SSL 360° to close.
- Size of maximised SSL 360° window is not recalled at full size on Mac.
- Certain Pro Tools bulk format change operations (e.g. inserting plug-ins that cause track format to change from mono to stereo) can cause plugin mixer ordering to be lost.
- Plug-in Mixer now warns when a mixture of VST3 and AU Channel Strip plug-ins are being used.
- SSL 360° Home Page now warns when either plug-ins or SSL 360° versions are incompatible (out-of-date).
Known Issues in SSL 360° v1.3
- Plug-in Mixer Transport Display Bars/Beats & SMPTE readout for Studio One has no separation between digits.
- Plug-in Mixer ordering goes in reverse when bulk inserting Channel Strip 2 (AU) Plug-ins in LUNA.
- UC1/Plug-in Mixer/Channel Strip 2/Bus Compressor 2 Track Names are not receiving extended ASCII characters from Pro Tools track names.
- When 2 (or more) UF8s are connected to Cubase, using the Channel Type Visibility modes for Channel Types across faders causes Cubase to crash.
- Calling maximised and F11’d SSL 360 to screen puts it in “quasi” maximised state.
- SSL 360° Uninstaller lets SSL 360° uninstall while Cubase 12 or Nuendo 11 DAWs are open.
- SMPTE light doesn’t come on in the Plug-in Mixer Transport Bar with Studio One or LUNA.
When updating to SSL 360° v1.2, please also update your SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins to v.1.0.55
- SSL 360° v1.2 adds control of the Plug-in Mixer from the SSL UF8 control surface.
For full details, please refer to Page 78-85 of the UF8 User Guide.
- SSL 360° Full Screen in Windows – F11 keyboard shortcut, allows full height of Plug-in Mixer to fit on 1080p screens.
- SSL 360° Zoomed Out View Tooltips – you now get a value readout when moving a control.
- SSL 360° Zoomed Out View – Output fader dB readout temporarily over-rides track name when fader is being moved.
- UC1 (MacOS) - 360° button now hides SSL 360° instead of minimising, so that the focus is changed back to the last application (normally the DAW).
- UC1 - Bus Compressor Make-up Gain LEDs all dim at default position.
- UC1 - LPF and HPF LEDs dim at minimum position.
360° General Fixes
- FIXED - Windows key functions are blocked while SSL 360° is focused.
- FIXED – Noticeably slow Bus Compressor meter frame rate in the Plug-in Mixer.
- FIXED - Metering sometimes does not appear when opening 360° GUI.
-  FIXED - The SAVE AS DEFAULT feature is now working for Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 (fixed in version v1.0.55 of Channel Strip 2).
-  FIXED - Alt-Drag CS2 plug-ins to a different slot in PT causes index number duplication and nothing added to 360° GUI.
-  FIXED - Alt inserting stereo channel strips overwriting multi-mono prevents all the new channel strips from connecting to 360°
-  FIXED - Inserting Mono>Stereo CS2 before existing Mono Stereo Fails to instantiate in 360° Plug-in Mixer.
-  FIXED - Re-activating a multi-mono CS2 often causes both legs to show in 360°
-  Channel ordering in Plug-in Mixer not correct when loading Studio One sessions on macOS
- -  FIXED - Plug-ins on Master channel in Reaper get hidden in 360 when same plug-in (Channel Strip 2 or Bus Compressor 2) is added to a track.
UF8 Control Surface
-  FIXED - Bus Compressor 2 plug-in parameters contain some reversed pots.
UC1 Control Surface
-  FIXED - Minimum level of dynamics metering on UC1 more closely matches Channel Strip 2 dynamics metering.
New in This Release
- 360° Plug-in Mixer, SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins
- Supported DAWs for UC1 & the Plug-in Mixer: Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Live, Studio One, REAPER.
- UC1 & UF8
- Sleep Mode for UC1 and UF8 hardware - On HOME page of 360°
- Big Sur Support
- [FIXED] UF8 - Cubase (Mac) - SSL V-MIDI ports get forgotten every time Cubase is closed/reopened.
- [FIXED] UF8 - Cubase (Windows) - Custom keyboard macros (sequences of multiple keyboard commands) not working.
New in This Release
- Initial release of SSL 360° for UF8
- DAW control support for Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase/Nuendo, Live and Studio One
- UF8 - Cubase (Mac) - SSL V-MIDI ports get forgotten every time Cubase is closed/reopened.
- UF8 - Cubase (Windows) - Custom keyboard macros (sequences of multiple keyboard commands) not working.
- UF8 - Not yet Big Sur compatible.