This document details the procedure to remove and replace the Fader Cards (SSL Partcode 62A008X1 Mono Channels and 62A010X1 Stereo and Master channels) in the SSL XL Desk Console.
You will need the following tools to complete this procedure:
- 3mm hex driver or Allen key
- Pozidrive PZ1 screwdriver
- Pozidrive PZ0 screwdriver
- 5mm Nut runner
- 2x75 hex driver
- ESD wrist strap
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage can occur when assemblies are improperly handled and results in intermittent or complete failure. Always use an ESD grounding strap when handling modules and ensure that it makes maximum contact with bare skin.To avoid the risk of electric shock the power cable must be completely removed from the console before attempting this procedure.
- Using a 3mm hex driver, remove both side trims by unscrewing the hex head screws shown in the image below.
- To remove the Front trim, first use a Pozidrive PZ1 screwdriver to undo 4 screws under front trim , see image below.
- Then use a 5.5mm Nut runner to loosen, do not remove, the 5 nuts inside the front trim. Blues circles above. See image below. You insert the nut runner through the vent gaps
- Lift the front trim clear of the console and store in a safe location.
- Remove these screws from the front panel of the Stereo Master tile.
- Place something soft on the Mono channels (channels 1-16) tile and flip the Stereo tile to the left.
- Remove all of the circled connections
- Remove all the screws circled.
- Carefully lift up the PCB and locate the 004 and 005 connections and then one by one pry them out of the 004 card lifting them away with the 005 card.
- Once the PCB is away remove all the cables from the card.