Windows 7 and macOS 10.6 Snow Leopard are the last OS tested to support updating X-Rack. In general, Windows has better Java support and is easier to update from.
It is not possible to update with macOS 10.7 or higher.
Windows 8, 10, and later are untested.
On a Mac, Bootcamp running Windows 7 or XP should also work. Windows can run for a trial period without authorization.
1.4/9 is the latest X-Rack version, released 2011.
X-Rack V1.2/0 features and information
V1.2/0 is applicable to X-Rack fitted with only with the XR622 master bus or XR623 four-input summing modules.
Customers without these modules need not carry out this update.
It is important to note that V1.2/0 is substantially larger than previous versions and requires an update to the software installer prior to updating the X-Rack itself.
This means that two updates must be carried out:
- The base firmware, xrack_flash.jar
- The new software, xrack_v1_2_0.jar
Please run the X-Rack flash update before running the X-Rack software update.
X-Rack V1.4/2 features and information
- Support for XR418 E Series Dynamics
- Support for XR425 E Series EQ
- V1.4/2 is essential only for the above XR418 and XR425. If you do not have these modules you do not need this update.
- The right hand decimal point in the seven segment display now lights when a valid MIDI message has been received.
- Additional features and bug fixes for the XR622 Master module.
Windows users should ensure that they have the latest version of Java.
macOS users may need to download and install MandolaneMIDI for Intel or Plumstone for PowerPC from www.mandolane.co.uk.
Drag this file into the /Library/Java/Extensions folder then restart the Mac before running the upgrade utility.
Bug fixes V1.3/1 through V1.4/2
- The default MIDI controller assignments for the XR622 Master module once again match the documentation (they were previously displaced by 1, loosing ’Mix’ in the process).
- The XR622 Master module controller assignments are now correctly stored after being reset to default.
- The current control settings on the XR622 Master module are retained until a corresponding MIDI controller message is received (previously the first valid MIDI message for any control reset all the ’soft’ controls).
- The XR622 Master module now supports MIDI running status. Previous versions did not respond correctly to MIDI controllers that used MIDI running status, which resulted in some messages being ignored. The main symptom of this was stepping in the monitor and AFL level controls.