LUNA 1.4.8 and above adds support for enhanced DAW control via VST3 extensions.
This means that when configuring UF8/UF1 to the 'Plug-in Mixer' Layer, you can control the following, providing you have a 360°-enabled channel strip on a track:
- DAW Fader and Pan
- DAW Sends
- Track Colour is synchronised to LUNA
- Selected Track
You must be using SSL 360° 1.6 (or above) and the 360°-enabled plug-ins associated with the 1.6 release (or above).
- Grouped tracks and automation - when adjusting faders, pans, sends, solos and mutes from 360°/UF8/UF1/UC1, links do not work – only 1 track moves at a time. Automation is also not able to be written. To work around, use MCU layer of UF1/UF8.
- Existing LUNA sessions with AU format types will continue to load but any new instances of 360-enabled plug-ins inserted into the session will be in VST3 format
- The reason this is important to note is that mixing and matching VST3 and AU formats is not supported by UC1/Plug-in Mixer - it can cause issues and should be avoided.
- In new sessions, LUNA will only present VST3 format in the insert assignment browser, which is what is recommended for the best integration.