As of 31/10/2022 Windows 8.1 is no longer officially supported. SSL provides a legacy driver to provide compatibility to customers who need to continue using this version of OS at their own risk.
Plug the Connex into a USB Port directly to the computer. This will be the only port that Connex will work with and the unit must remain connected for the duration of the driver installation.
- Download the Windows 8.1 Connex driver
- On your Computer, press the Windows key and select Search from the list or start to type.
- Type “startup options” to start searching for programs. Click on “Change advanced startup options”
- Click on “Restart Now” under “Advanced Startup”
- Click on “Troubleshoot”
- Click on “Advanced Options”
- Click “Restart”
- Press 7 or F7 on your keyboard to disable driver signing
- Windows will now reboot without driver signature enforcement.
- Open the driver installer and follow the on screen prompts to complete the installation.